Thursday 29 October 2015

Editing My Own Photos

I started to experiment with using the techniques within colour grading using my own images I had taken with my digital cannon EOS 1100D. I used different exposures on my camera to create a good quality photo for me to work with, this then allowed me to proceed to photoshop where I began to edit the image. 

Here I have the original image taken straight from my camera. 


I feel that the original image itself shows quite a bit of contrast already through the colours and brightness within the image. But it add a bit more emotion within the image I started ti edit it. 

The first emotion I wanted to create within the image is quite a calming one with bright colours and a sense of longing. I used the levels option along with changing the hue/saturation within the image to brighten it up. 


Just by the subtle changes of colour and levels within the image it becomes a lot more brighter. I also added an extra layer of sunset yellow and laid it on top of the image and by using the opacity and fill have created it to look like a very subtle touch to the image. The face itself looks cleaner than the original and it also adds more colour into his face making him look healthy. I also wanted to add more vibrant colours to the hair to emphasis the ginger coming through. 

I wanted to show through my images how you can really show different comparisons with images and how you can use the same image to create different emotions. So this next image I decided to go for the complete opposite from the previous one. I darkened everything and made his face paler. This makes him look a little unwell and helps the audience start to feel sad for the person in the image. 


I still wanted to emphasis the ginger in the photo, so that I don't lose what the person actually looked like. So I kept the slight vibrant ginger but also creating it darker to go along with the theme of this image. I've really paled up his face which I feel has started to make the person start to look a little unwell. I like this touch within the image because it really shows a contrast of the different emotions I could create within only one photo.